Danube Holiday Markets (2019) : S.S. Maria Theresa
8 Days From Passau To Budapest
Celebrate the season in the birthplace of many beloved holiday traditions
Budapest has celebrated Christmas for a thousand years, since the reign of St. Stephen, the king who founded Hungary and encouraged the spread of Christianity throughout his realm. As you ramble through the Christmas Market on Vörösmarty Square, admiring the handmade porcelain, stop to watch as kurtos kalács (a pastry) is baked on rods over an open fire and then coated with sugar before it's handed to you.
In Bratislava, where a lively young art scene is revitalizing the compact city core, stalls abound with traditional Slovakian Christmas items such as medovníky (spiced ginger cookies) and súpolie (figurines made from corn husks). Experience Uniworld's exclusive "Taste of Christmas" program in the heart of Vienna during the day. Follow the lights down the Landstrasse in Linz to the Volksgarten, where you'll find a fairytale Christmas display-large animated renditions of scenes from fairytales that will entrance the child in you. Or mail a letter from Christkindl, where children from all over the world send their Christmas wish lists.
Glorious baroque architecture, delightful concerts and ravishing scenery will make this Christmas season unforgettable as you sail through the holidays on the Danube.
Who will enjoy this cruise
Music lovers will find many special holiday treats on this cruise, from onboard caroling and a classical concert in Vienna to an exclusive organ recital. Shoppers will delight in the chance to pick out a variety of unique gifts at enchanting Christmas markets.
Call (281) 392-7600 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14002496
- Cruise Line
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Cruise Ship
- S.S. Maria Theresa
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 4||Cruising the Wachau Valley|
|Day 6||Cruising the Danube River|
- All fares are per guest in US Dollars based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted.
- Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Availability of all stateroom categories cannot be guaranteed.
- Single Supplement applies for single accommodation.
- Itineraries, hotels, and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
- Prices exclude additional port charges of $170 per person