Europe & Britain First Class 2018: Best of Holland Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018
You're in for a gezellig time in the land of all things orange. But there's far more to this little country with a lot of heart for you to enjoy. Trace the steps of the Dutch Masters, ramble through rainbow fields and explore centuries-old maritime heritage, ending your Dutch discovery with Dignie and Gina in their Groningen farmhouse.
- Enjoy a harbour cruise in Rotterdam
- Orientation of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and guided bicycle tour in Groningen
- View the John Frost Bridge in Arnhem
- Visit the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Aalsmeer or Keukenhof (when open), Royal Delft Pottery, a trip up Euromast Tower in Rotterdam, National Liberation Museum at Groesbeek, Hoge Veluwe Park, Kroller-Muller Museum in Zutphen, Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorm, Staphorst and Volendam
- Tickets for Keukenhof Bulb fields are included during the flowering season (April until mid-May)
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (281) 392-7600 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14015076
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Arrive Amsterdam (2 Nights): What better place to start your jaunt through Holland than in its picture-perfect capital, Amsterdam? Spend your day meandering through the quaint cobblestone streets and tree-lined canals, stopping for a coffee and speculaas along the way. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening on a scenic canal cruise, including a light meal and welcome drinks, admiring the centuries-old facades along the way.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Amsterdam||Amsterdam Sightseeing: Delve into the Golden Age and its extraordinary art, architecture and history traversing the city's inner labyrinth of canals and narrow streets along which hundreds of sturdy Dutch bicycles rattle day and night. Enjoy an orientation drive of the city's historic centre, including a Small Group Sightseeing tour of the Rijksmuseum - the works of great Dutch masters, including Rembrandt's 'The Night Watch' you will have an opportunity to view before visiting a historic diamond polishing factory for a fascinating Cultural Insight into Amsterdam's centuries-old diamond cutting traditions. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Rotterdam||Amsterdam - Aalsmeer/Keukenhof - The Hague - Delft - Rotterdam: We rise with the birds this morning, taking a trip to Aalsmeer to visit the vibrant flower auction and see the vividly hued blooms for which Holland is so famous. Alternatively, during the flowering season (April until mid-May), we'll enjoy an included visit to the tulip fields of Keukenhof - the mesmerising sight of several million flowering bulbs planted across a 70-acre will leave you in absolute awe. This afternoon, we travel through The Hague to the historic town of Delft and visit the Royal Delft Pottery workshop for a Cultural Insight into the manufacturing of this delicate hand-painted blue and white porcelain. We continue to edgy Rotterdam, where we'll enjoy two Cultural Insight experiences. Board a Spido boat cruise along the most important river port in Europe and ascend the iconic Euromast Tower for panoramic views of the city. This evening we stay on board the SS Rotterdam. Buffet Breakfast|
SS Rotterdam Authentic Accommodation
|Day 4||OOSTERBEEK||Rotterdam - Groesbeek - Arnhem - Oosterbeek: Explore the tragic history of Operation Market Garden in Groesbeek, whose residents were forced to flee intense battles which obliterated the city during World War II. Here we will visit the National Liberation Museum, built on one of the landing sites of this airborne operation and learn about the occupation and liberation of Holland. We travel north to Arnhem to see John Frost Bridge, so named to pay tribute to the commander of the British forces that held the bridge for four days with a mere 750 soldiers during the World War II Battle of Arnhem. This afternoon we'll also visit the Hoge Veluwe Park and the Kroller-Muller Museum, featuring the second-largest Van Gogh collection in the world. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Groningen||Oosterbeek - Apeldoorn - Staphorst - Groningen: We head north to scenic Apeldoorn and Het Loo Palace, the former royal residence built in 1685 with its immaculate Baroque Dutch gardens. Our next stop is the traditional village of Staphorst, where you will have an opportunity to experience first-hand the traditions of Holland and see the locals walk by in their traditional dress. Ending our day in Groningen, we'll join Dignie and Gina on their farm for a hearty Be My Guest dinner and meet-and-greet with their neighbour's cows just in time to see them being milked.?Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 6||Amsterdam||Groningen - Volendam - Amsterdam: Enjoy a Cultural Insight and get on your bike exploring the university city of Groningen during a guided bicycle tour of its medieval centre. Ramble along the city's picturesque ring of canals like a local, before enjoying a stunning drive through the mesmerising Frisian Lake District en route to Volendam, a former fishing port on the edge of Ijselmeer. Learn about the craft of wooden clog making and Dutch cheese during a fascinating Cultural Insight, before returning to Amsterdam this evening for a celebratory Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 7||Depart Amsterdam||Depart Amsterdam: For now we say a fond tot ziens to Amsterdam and our newfound friends, closing the door on a memorable Dutch experience. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Departure 22 April 2018 will be in Amsterdam on Kings Day. The city centre will be closed to traffic and celebrations will be taking place throughout the country which may impact the timings for our return to Amsterdam.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class